Fast, Affordable Water Damage Cleanup Experts
Providing emergency water damage restoration and reconstruction services to the Aurora, Boulder, and Denver Metro areas. Emergency Abatement Consulting - Call us anytime day or night, we are available when you need us most. 303-337-7233
Can Mold Damage Affect My Health?
Health effects related to airborne mold damage exposure can trigger allergic reactions such as, eye and respiratory irritation, infection and toxicity. About 10% of the population is allergic to some types of mold damage. Many of these people will be affected by outdoor, as well as, indoor exposure to mold damage. Respiratory mold infection which grows in the lungs is rare but, can occur. These types of incidences are limited almost exclusively to immune compromised patients, such as those with transplants, chemotherapy, AIDS, neonates, etc. Toxicity is related to the ability of some mold to reproduce mycotoxins. There is no substantial evidence to link mold damage to health related issues.
Can Mold Damage Cause Health Problems?
Mold found indoors in usually not a problem, unless the area they land on is wet or damp. If the area is allowed to remain wet, the cause of mold damage can start to develop. Touching or breathing in mold spores can be a cause of some types of allergic reactions. Any exposure to moldy situations may cause a variety of health symptoms, or none at all. Some people are sensitive to mold damage. For these people, mold damage can cause nasal stuffiness, throat irritation, coughing or wheezing, eye irritation, or in some cases, skin irritation. Having mold allergies may cause more severe reactions. If you have any of these symptoms and think you have been in contact with mold damage, contact your doctor or other health professionals.
Denver Mold Damage prevention advice
Look for and repair leaking plumbing fixtures or pipes in the building structure as soon as possible.Inspect for condensation or wet spots. Fix any sources of moisture incursion problems as soon as possible.
Prevent moisture condensation by increasing the surface temperature or decrease the moisture level in the air (humidity). Separate and/or increase air circulation to increase the surface temperature. This will help to decrease the moisture level in the air which in turn can help to prevent mold damage Denver. Repair all leaks and increase ventilation, if the outside air is cold and dry. If the outdoor air is warm and humid, dehumidify the area
- HVAC drip pans should be clean and flowing properly, and free of debris in the drain lines.
- Implement a regularly scheduled building and HVAC inspection process. Maintain regular maintenance and cleaning, which should always include filter changes.
- Denver mold damage slowed down by maintaining sustained indoor humidity levels below 70% (25 to 60%), or as much as possible.
- All appliances that produce moisture, such as dryers, needs to be vented to the outside.
- Vent all kitchen cooking areas and bathrooms according to your local code requirements.
- All wet or damp locations need to be cleaned and dried as soon as possible but, no more than 48 hours after the Aurora water damage.
- Provide sufficient drainage around all buildings, with the ground sloping away from the buildings foundation, for limiting mold damage Denver. Check with your local building department for proper codes.
- Locate areas where leaks have occurred, identify the source, and taking preemptive action to safeguard that they do not reoccur.
We are the team of professionals specializing in finding and remediation of Denver mold damage. We take pride in our effectiveness to completely remove any moisture and sanitize the area to remove and bad smells or bacteria.
Here are some signs that your surroundings may have been compromised:
- Musty odors
- Damp environments
- Fungus or cotton like appearance
- Discoloration around the affected area
- Plaster or drywall peeling off
- Wood warping, swelling or twisting
For more health information facts from the CDC – click here Centers for Disease Control Our team of mold damage removal Boulder professionals, can locate and remove the mold from the affected areas. We specialize in mold damage repair, water damage, flood damage, and reconstruction as well as, sewage extraction and heavy clean up. We use only state of the art equipment to kill and remove mold damage and completely dry the area.